From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of James Blackburn
Sent: Monday, May 18, 2009 5:21 PM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] Toolchain updates

Hi Mike,

2009/5/18 Mike Wrighton <mike.wrighton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> It's really just a new set
> of include paths that I need - so being able to force a scan to pick
> up new include paths on startup rather than storing them in the
> workspace would be handy.

Have a look at the externalSettingsProvider extension point. You can
register a class which is call-back'd (under your control) when you
call some API notifying the core that external settings may have
changed.

There are more detailed steps here:
http://dev.eclipse.org/newslists/news.eclipse.tools.cdt/msg17432.html
I've just copied and pasted these steps into the FAQ:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/Developer/FAQ#externalSettingsProvider_exten
sion_point

Please feel free to update & improve the FAQ entry as you make progress!

Cheers,

James