Re: [cdt-dev] Mapping a name to include statement

Dear Dmitry

I wonder for what purpose you are trying to achieve the following:

I need to perform some analisys of inclusions in C files. Particulary,
I need to find out whether any declaration or definition of top-level
included file (or its sub-includes) is used in the translation unit.

we are planning to create tool support for large scale C/C++ refactorings, i.e., disentangling unnecessary include dependencies, moving definitions and declarations around or to new files. Therefore, we have similar needs.

since often such dependencies are not that easily determined as within your example (transitiveness of declarations, "strange" lookups when template functions and parameters come to play), there is usually required more than a typical indexer can provide. We plan to apply the ideas of "Slicing" to approach that, but are not yet sure how well that will work out.

If you are trying similar things, it might be great to join forces.

Best Regards
Peter.

--
Prof. Peter Sommerlad

Institut für Software: Bessere Software - Einfach, Schneller!
HSR Hochschule für Technik Rapperswil
Oberseestr 10, Postfach 1475, CH-8640 Rapperswil

http://ifsoftware.ch
tel:+41 55 222 49 84 == mobile:+41 79 432 23 32
fax:+41 55 222 46 29 == mailto:peter.sommerlad@xxxxxx

Back to the top