RE: [cdt-dev] Caching of AST units

Dimitry,
If you need to create IASTTranslationUnits for a lot of files you need
make sure that you do not hold on to all of these objects, that would
consume
a lot of memory. E.g. the rename refactoring disposes the AST for a file
before
processing the next file.

There is no caching of ASTs, and I don't think there should be. It is
the indexer's
task to collect information and to store it in the index for use by
clients. In
case you have resonable requirements, the index can be enhanced.

Otherwise, I recommend that you cache information that is important to
you,
else where.

Markus.