RE: [cdt-dev] The best way to create IASTTranslationUnit

I recommend to create the AST using ITranslationUnit.getAST(IIndex, int
style).
Doing that the parser will pick up the same configuration as the indexer
would.
With the 'style' argument you can choose to skip indexed-headers in
which case
they are pulled in from the index (style AST_SKIP_INDEXED_HEADERS).

Markus.