AW: [cdt-dev] RE: Adding MakeTargets takes a long time and consumes a huge amount of heap

>You should try to get a heap dump of the out of memory
>exception.  If you're using a Sun VM run it with vm args of
>-XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError It will then output a heap
>file which you can analyse with something like Eclipse memory analyzer:
>http://www.eclipse.org/mat/
>
>This should give you a better idea of what's going on.

Thanks for your tip. I've already collected this dump. The main
responsible for the waste of heap seems to be the
CProjectDescriptionManager. When diving a bit more into this I can see
that the ResourceChangeHandler is also involved. My assumption is now
that for every single MakeTarget that I add the ResourceChangeHandler is
invoked and records the changes that I've made. Maybe this is the reason
why the free heap reduces more and more when adding many targets. The
question now is how can I solve this issue? Can I prevent the
CProjectDescriptionManager from collecting all these infos? Or can I
from time to time "flush" this collected changes?

Regards,
Thomas

>Cheers,
>
>James

Harman Becker Automotive Systems GmbH
Geschaeftsfuehrung:  Dr. Wolfgang Ptacek  -  Michael Mauser  -  Regis Baudot
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Karlsbad - Registergericht: Mannheim HRB 361395

Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtuemlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und loeschen Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht gestattet.
This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the contents in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.