[cdt-dev] Programitically Changing The Project Location

Hi all,

I am wondering if it is possible to change the project location in the
"New Project Wizard" using a plugin. The reason I am asking this is
because I am working on a projectType that is being organized into
packages and I want new projects to be created in folders
corresponding to the package it is in. For example, let's say that I
have project Foo that is part of package Cool. When I create a new
project, I want to give it the name Foo, but when I click finish I
want it to be created in workspace:/Cool/Foo.

 I know I can manually change the project location in the first page
of the wizard, but I would prefer to do it automatically because
sometimes the package names will be long and hard to remember to
specify. I was thinking of creating another wizard page that gave one
a list of possible packages and somehow modified the project path
relative to the workspace before the project was created based on the
selection. Is this possible? I mean, do I have write access to the
project description so I can use
IProjectDescription.setLocation("workspace:/Cool/Foo")?

--
Cheers,
Karol Krizka

Back to the top