Re: [cdt-dev] Why wasAbstractCLaunchDelegate.getProgramArgumentsArray() made static?

My fault, Norbert. I'll change it back.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ploett, Norbert" <norbert.ploett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "CDT General developers list." <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 6:39 AM
Subject: [cdt-dev] Why wasAbstractCLaunchDelegate.getProgramArgumentsArray() made static?

Hi folks,

I was using the fact that getProgramArgumentsArray() is an instance
method. I overrode it in my own launch delegate class derived from
LocalRunLaunchDelegate so I could twist the program arguments in
addition to what LocalRunLaunchDelegate was doing for me. Like so:

public class MyLaunchDelegate extends LocalRunLaunchDelegate  {

public String[] getProgramArgumentsArray( ... )  {
super( ... );
// put twisting code here
}
}

In this way I didn't even have to override the launch() method since the
LocalRunLaunchDelegate was perfect for me, apart from the twist ... :-)

In later revisions (i.e. from 1.40, checked in by Mikhail Khodjaiants
:-) ) the method was changed into a static and the check-in comment does
not give a profound reason. But static methods cannot be overridden.

Can I have my instance method back? Any opinions on that? (Huh,
Mikhail?)

Thanks,

Norbert Ploett