Re: [cdt-dev] EclipseCDT debugging -> too slow

When debugging with GDB the same sources, it goes about 2times faster. But it is still not 'after step (or f5)' you just get it. There is still some waiting when making steps (from one Class/Object to other, inside one class or one source code file it goes faster).
It is about a half of time than in Eclipse.

Looks to me a litle slower than Eclipse on Windows and much slower than debugging the same sources under Visual Studio no Windows :-(

On 4/21/06, Thomas Fletcher <ThomasF@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]

How does it perform compared to doing the same operations at the
GDB (assuming you are using GDB) level?  There is definitely a
larger overhead associated with synchronizing multiple data sources
(ie continuous display of backtrace, shared object states, registers
etc) that you don't have when running gdb that responds to a step
with (unless otherwise configured)

(gdb)

Thomas