Re: [cdt-dev] Warning about use of nightly builds.

> This bug brings up a good point. The nightly builds are built against the
> latest available Eclipse integration build at the time of the build
> (Monday-Friday 3 a.m.) As such, there is a good chance that they will not
> work against previous Eclipse builds, especially as binary
> incompatibilities are still possible "as the Eclipse churns", and man is
> it churning!
>
> Just a friendly reminder that nightly builds are use at your own risk, but
> thanks for helping with our test effort :-) If you require a stable build,
> please use one of the Milestone builds (e.g. M7 and the upcoming M8).

8-)
The problem is that many integration builds are not usable.  The
last two integrations were very hard on my mental sanity(GNU/Linux platform)
So basically I had to rewind to an "older" one.
So as a user, I can no longer follow the developement of the CDT(M7 will not
work with the latest builds).

How to make this easy for the cdt community ? good question.
Maybe when the stable "m8" is out, we could use it to do builds instead of
the moving integration targets.

Back to the top