Re: [cdt-dev] Like to help with C++ Refactoring

Well,

The work we put in for refactoring was very preliminary. It was enough to
do rename refactoring using the existing search functionality. We hadn't
planned on working on it any further in the 2.0 release. Probably what we
need most is testing what we have to make sure it works. If you find any
bugs, we'd happily accept patches that fix them.

For next release we need to look at how to build a full object model of
the code (AST/DOM) that takes into account the C preprocessor. Once we
have that in place we can do the full refactoring engine that you see in
the JDT with things like precondition and preview. If you have any
thoughts on that, it would certainly help us as well.

Cheers,
Doug Schaefer, Senior Software Developer
IBM Rational Software, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Jeffrey Yasskin <jyasskin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
03/21/2004 01:01 AM
Please respond to
cdt-dev

cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[cdt-dev] Like to help with C++ Refactoring