Re: [cdt-dev] Managed Make stand-alone tool spec

I am working on that now. I only implemented the target-owner in the last release. I am testing the changes now, and if I feel reasonably confident, will commit them later today or tomorrow.

Sean Evoy
Rational Software - IBM Software Group
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

"Brad Jarvinen" <Brad.Jarvinen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/24/2004 08:27 PM

Please respond to
cdt-dev

"Cdt-Dev (E-mail)" <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[cdt-dev] Managed Make stand-alone tool spec

In the Managed Build System Extensibility document section 2.6, it mentions that a tool can be added to the plugin manifest as part of a target or as a stand-alone specification.

However it doesn't seem to work as indicated.  I looked at the source and specifically saw in ManagedBuildManager#loadExtensions that only TARGET definitions are loaded while TOOL definitions seemed to be dropped.

Is that a bug or are the tools loaded elsewhere?

Thanks,
Brad