Skip to main content

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] [List Home]
[cdt-dev] Moving to Eclipse 2.1 .. need plugin.xml files updated for most C DT plugins

Hi Folks

I just ran into an interesting phenomenon with Eclipse 2.1

The jface classes have been moved out into their own plugins in the version.

Within the IDE, Version 2.1
CDT Plugins that reference jface classes work without having to update the
dependencies list in the plugin.xml files.

When we try to build the CDT against 2.1 externally the build fails ... it
cannot resolve jface classes

When we add jface and jface.text as dependencies, in their plugin.xml files,
for the affected plugins:
Note: there may be others affected, so please check all you plugins.

1) The classpaths are updated with the jface entries
2) The core fragments are added ... even though they are not directly added
as dependencies. 
The cdt.core.${os} entries have to be removed for the builds to work

Note please remove the following entries from the newly generated classpath
before committing:
    <classpathentry exported="true" kind="src"
    <classpathentry exported="true" kind="src"
    <classpathentry exported="true" kind="src"
    <classpathentry exported="true" kind="src"

There seems to be something within the IDE that maps the references to jface
to the new plugins, that is not their in an external environment.

So ...

Would everyone please ensure that your dependencies (plugin.xml) are correct
and complete and that the resulting '.classpath' file is also correct and

I'll be monitoring the patch newsgroup for these fixes before I can continue
with the builds.

Thanks for your cooperation in this matter.


Judy N. Green               Software Engineer
Eclipse CDT Team  
QNX Software Systems Ltd.

Back to the top