Re: [cdt-dev] A few more clarifications

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alifiya Hussain" <ahussain@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, November 18, 2002 2:08 PM
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] A few more clarifications

> *Some things I thought should be disabled in the Debug perspective when
> a C/C++ program is being debugged because the options are not applicable:
>
> - display view, since it is only needed for the jdt
> - Search->Search->Java Search
> (while I'm on the topic, both Search->Search and Search->File seem to do
> the exactly same thing. whats the point of that?)
> - Breakpoints view-> Add Java Exception option
>
> *Also, a lot of the views in the debug perspective has the "Show
> Qualified Names" option. I don't understand what its supposedto be doing
> (pressed or not, the view looks the same for me, but I'm probably just
> not using it correctly).
>
> * Is the "Show Static" option in the variables view supposed to show the
> contents of static variables ? It doesn't seem to be doing that. I have
> a static variable in my program which doesn't appear in the variables
> view but as its updated, I can pass my mouse pointer over it and the
> hover help shows the current value of the variable. PR?

The Debug perspective is shared by JDT and CDT (and any other development
tools with debugging features). All the actions you mentioned are Java
specific and are contributed by JDT. They are useful if you are debugging
Java and C/C++ applications at the same time.
You can remove all this actions from the debugger views by unchecking the
"Java Debug" action group on the 'Preferrence'->'Debug'->'Debug Action
Group' page.

> *Finally, there is no reference to the "disconnect" button (debug view)
> in the menu bar. Nor is tool-tip on when the button is disabled. Is it
> supposed to be this way? (This is why I previously could not determine
> what the button was for).

There is the 'Disconnect' menu item in context menu. The problem with the
tool-tips is probably Motif specific. On Windows the tool-tips appear
regardless of the button's state.