Re: [cdt-dev] COFF/PE/EXE binary parser

> Alain,
>
>   I saw this patch posted to cdt-patch, along with the note
> that the code is unfinished and not enabled.
>
>   What work still needs to be done on this?

This is only a first quick cut, base on the information
that I gather from Microsoft docs on PE and binutils,
extracting information, DLL names, symbols etc ..
are missing.

How it could be used?
For example, in the case of the Elf parser we could
extract the globals variables and provide it to the
debugger.  Or when doing remote debugging see
what Shared libraries are needed and automatically
upload them etc ...

> Will this be included in the 1.0 release,

Nope, to late for that.

> or is it intended for a later release?

Yes.

Back to the top