Re: [cdt-dev] Re: Mac OS X support

On Wed, 28 Aug 2002, J. Karl Armstrong wrote:

> One immediate concern I have is that MOSX currently ships with gdb 5.1
> (GNU gdb 5.1-20020408 (Apple version gdb-228)). Would it be reasonable
> to go with this or would it be better to build or wait for 5.2?

There are going to be a number of stumbling blocks to get this working,
outside of SWT and other Eclipse-centric things: Apple's GDB patches have
never been incorperated into mainline GDB sources, so mainline GDB will
not work with X at all (in fact, I don't even think that mainline knows
how to build for a MacOS X target).

That aside, the version of MI that is going to be used with Eclispe is
based on mainline sources and will be incompatible with what Apple has in
their version of GDB.

Now, if Apple 'updates' to 5.2.x, then you've got a fighting chance!

Keith

Back to the top