[cdt-dev] F1 CDT works under Linux but not Windows

I know Windows isn't an officially supported platform and I may be on my own here, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

I checked out a CVS version of the CDT (tagged with "F1") and compiled it under Linux. I ran it with the F1 Eclipse base, and it seemed to work just fine.

I then tried the same thing under Windows, and it initially seemed like it was working, but I quickly ran into a problem. When I ran through the following steps, it failed:

   1) New C/C++ project ("test")
   2) New Directory ("src")
   3) New File ("src/hello.c")
   4) Edit hello.c:  main(){printf("hello world\n");}
   5) Type <ctrl-s> to save the editor's contents.

Step #5 produced the following error dialog:

   Save Failed:org.eclipse.cdt.dstore.ui.resource.ElementMarker

(I've included the stack trace from the .log file below)

I initially thought the error might be related to using Sun's JDK, so I decided to take the CDT plugin directories I had compiled under Linux (via IBM's JDK), move them to Windows, and see if that worked any better. Unfortunately, it was the same error message. My only thought was that maybe there's a difference between the Windows F1 Eclipse and the Linux F1 Eclipse that might be causing this problem.

Has anybody seen anything similar or have any ideas?

thanks,

Brian

p.s.  here's the stack trace:

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.eclipse.cdt.dstore.ui.resource.ElementMarker at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DefaultLabelProvider.getImage(DefaultLabelProvider.java:43) at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DelegatingModelPresentation.getDefaultImage(DelegatingModelPresentation.java:176) at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DelegatingModelPresentation.getImage(DelegatingModelPresentation.java:112) at org.eclipse.cdt.cpp.ui.internal.editor.CppMarkerAnnotation.initialize(CppMarkerAnnotation.java:48) at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.MarkerAnnotation.<init>(MarkerAnnotation.java:89) at org.eclipse.cdt.cpp.ui.internal.editor.CppMarkerAnnotation.<init>(CppMarkerAnnotation.java:24) at org.eclipse.cdt.cpp.ui.internal.editor.CppDocumentProvider$CppMarkerAnnotationModel.createMarkerAnnotation(CppDocumentProvider.java:48) at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.AbstractMarkerAnnotationModel.addMarkerAnnotation(AbstractMarkerAnnotationModel.java:208) at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.AbstractMarkerAnnotationModel.catchupWithMarkers(AbstractMarkerAnnotationModel.java:386) at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.AbstractMarkerAnnotationModel.connected(AbstractMarkerAnnotationModel.java:221) at org.eclipse.jface.text.source.AnnotationModel.connect(AnnotationModel.java:116) at com.ibm.lpex.alef.LpexAbstractTextEditor.saveToDocument(LpexAbstractTextEditor.java:1523) at com.ibm.lpex.alef.LpexAbstractTextEditor.performSaveOperation(LpexAbstractTextEditor.java:1549) at com.ibm.lpex.alef.LpexAbstractTextEditor.doSave(LpexAbstractTextEditor.java:1417) at org.eclipse.cdt.cpp.ui.internal.editor.CppEditor.doSave(CppEditor.java:159) at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager$10.run(EditorManager.java:960) at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:296) at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:249) at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.ProgressMonitorDialog.run(ProgressMonitorDialog.java:335) at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.runProgressMonitorOperation(EditorManager.java:838) at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.saveEditor(EditorManager.java:965) at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.saveEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:1945)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.SaveAction.run(SaveAction.java:32)
        at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:590)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:407) at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:361) at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$0(ActionContributionItem.java:352) at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$ActionListener.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:47)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:75)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:825)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:1527) at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:1289) at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1085)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.run(Workbench.java:1068)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.InternalBootLoader.run(InternalBootLoader.java:739)
        at org.eclipse.core.boot.BootLoader.run(BootLoader.java:462)
        at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:200)
        at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:643)
        at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:476)

Back to the top