[cbi-dev] p2-metadata-default fails as soon as test phases are enabled

Hi everyone,

we're currently experiencing a strange error and I've just about run out
of ideas. As soon as we include the integration-test phase into the
Maven lifecycle, the build fails with the following error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-p2-plugin:1.4.0:p2-metadata-default
(default-p2-metadata-default) on project org.eclipse.elk.graph:
Execution default-p2-metadata-default of goal
org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-p2-plugin:1.4.0:p2-metadata-default failed.:
IllegalArgumentException -> [Help 1]

This happens regardless of whether or not we actually have any test
plug-ins included in the build (our usual plug-ins don't contain test code).

Having Maven output exception traces as well yields the output at the
bottom of this mail (I only included a few lines of the root exception's
trace).

Has anyone ever seen this error before or has even solved this?

For reference, I include links to our root pom.xml [1] and to our
Jenkinsfile [2].

Appreciate any help,
 Chris

[1] https://github.com/eclipse/elk/blob/master/build/pom.xml
[2] https://github.com/eclipse/elk/blob/master/build/Jenkinsfile

Here's (parts of) the exception trace:

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
    at
org.eclipse.tycho.p2.impl.publisher.P2GeneratorImpl.getCanonicalArtifact
(P2GeneratorImpl.java:206)
    at
org.eclipse.tycho.p2.impl.publisher.P2GeneratorImpl.generateMetadata
(P2GeneratorImpl.java:148)
    at org.eclipse.tycho.plugins.p2.P2MetadataMojo.attachP2Metadata
(P2MetadataMojo.java:157)
    at org.eclipse.tycho.plugins.p2.P2MetadataMojo.execute
(P2MetadataMojo.java:116)
    at org.eclipse.tycho.plugins.p2.P2MetadataDefaultMojo.execute
(P2MetadataDefaultMojo.java:33)