[cbi-dev] caching on download.eclipse.org

Hi folks,

Is there any documentation on how download.eclipse.org caches compositeArtifacts.xml and compositeContent.xml?

I am having a problem that even though I update both of those files at the same time from my CI job, the servers seem to serve different age versions of those two files[1]. This means that depending on which one updates first means that Eclipse can find an update available, but not be able to install them because artefacts are not available.

>From within the browser I can see that at the moment compositeContent.xml returns 200 OK when bypassing cache, and  304 Not Modified when doing a normal load. But as far as I can tell, the file being served is not the file on disk.

Thanks,
Jonah

[1] https://download.eclipse.org/tools/cdt/releases/9.8/