[cbi-dev] Which SimRel checks could be performed directly against built artifacts or input repo rather than SimRel output?

Hi all,

I may have the opportunity to work on maven-ifying some of the SimRel checks/reports (just wrapping the current one in mojos would be enough I guess). I can already imagine some of those being actually independent from SimRel, checking things such as availability of some legal files in artifacts. So those could be provided directly to all projects, hoping they'd run those checks by themselves before even contributing to SimRel.
Tycho-based project would just add

  <build>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.eclipse.cbi</groupId>
        <artifactId>check-conformance</artifactId>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <phase>verify</phase>
          </execution>
        </executions>
      </plugin>
    </plugins>
  </build>

to their parent pom or eclipse-repository pom and build would fail if some rules are not obeyed.
As much as possible, it would be better make things fail rather than (or additionally to) logging or creating a report file. It's been noticed many times by many people that developers care much more about build failures than about warnings, reports and recommendations.

Which checks/reports would be possible to make SimRel independent? Which ones are worth it? Which ones should be taken with highest priority? Which rules are the more frequently broken?...

Thanks in advance,
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer for Red Hat Developers

Back to the top