Re: [cbi-dev] Procedure to deploy to download.eclipse.org

A really nice solution would be to provide something similar to what has been done for jarsigner and other signers at Eclipse: a webservice where you can upload a zipped p2 repository along with some metadata and the service will take care of putting it right where it needs to be, create the composite, etc... It could also make some check like whether the mirrorURL is properly set, use any new compression scheme for p2 repo to reduce bandwidth consumption (like zx) etc... It could also write to information about the repo to PMI!

What do you think?