Re: [cbi-dev] Procedure to deploy to download.eclipse.org

Hi Francois,

I have worked on more „elaborate“ shell scripts for gef (http://git.eclipse.org/c/gef/org.eclipse.gef.git/tree/org.eclipse.gef.repository/publish.sh) and gef4 (http://git.eclipse.org/c/gef/org.eclipse.gef4.git/tree/org.eclipse.gef4.repository/publish.sh), which might come close to what you expect (they are basically identical except for naming differences). I call the scripts from dedicated promotion jobs (https://hudson.eclipse.org/gef/job/promote-gef-master/, https://hudson.eclipse.org/gef/job/promote-gef4-master/), but you could also execute them directly from command line (and even cron). They are capable of publishing to (composite) update-sites and drop files area.

Maybe that gives you a better start. We could also think of contributing them to CBI, but I am not sure how „generic“ our project deployment really is.

Cheers
Alexander