Re: [cbi-dev] [platform-dev] Splitting SonarQube analysis?

On 09/23/2014 07:52 AM, Lars Vogel wrote:

Hi Mickael,

Hi,

For platform.ui lots of errors relates to our test classes.

"Treat your tests as first-class citizens" ;)

For example Sonar reports that EPartServiceTest has no test coverage.

How can I configure that the tests are excluded from certain key figures like test coverage?

Currently, no class at all has test coverage. Tests are not run as part of the SonarQube job. If you want to run those tests, we can do it, but it won't give coverage immediatly (this requires to configure a jacoco-maven-plugin in parent pom).
Even if coverage reports were there, a test without coverage is actually a pretty bad smell: tests should have almost 100% coverage. A test without coverage means that it wasn't run, so that it was most likely forgotten.
I believe the best thing would be that you simply ignore everything related to coverage for now.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat

Back to the top