Re: [cbi-dev] Requirements to deploy artifactss to repo.eclipse.org

Hi Andreas,

My response inline.

Thanh

On 20/08/13 07:47 AM, Andreas Sewe wrote:
Hi all,

I am committer to the Eclipse Code Recommenders project and we are
currently wondering whether it would be worthwhile to "build with CBI".
In particular, we would like to benefit from repo.eclipse.org by
publishing the parent POMs of the main org.eclipse.recommenders project
there, so that, e.g., our incubator or GSoC projects can easily inherit
from them, thereby ensuring that the can painlessly merged into the main
project in the future.

So, what are the requirements to deploy to repo.eclipse.org? Do we have
to use specific parent POMs? Or just declare <distributionManagement>
Our build is already based on Tycho, either wouldn't be too much trouble.
You just need to declare the distribution management section and configure it to point to your project's assigned repos. You will need to open a bug against Community > Nexus and we can create the repos for your project.

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Community&component=Nexus

That being said, we have our own, per-project Hudson instance [1]. This
raises the question of how to configure the Maven settings. The "Deploy
to repo.eclopse.org" setting is pre-defined only on [3], but not on our
HIPP instance [1].
Webmaster can add this setting to your HIPP instance. Can you reopen your project's HIPP bug and state that your instance is missing this settings file?

Hope you can help us.

Best wishes,

Andreas

[1] <http://hudson.eclipse.org/recommenders/>