[cbi-dev] Release process?

I hope this is an appropriate place to post. It seems to be all about standardizing builds which is of relevance to me. We're building sites with Hudson and tycho and I'm wondering how others are releasing builds.

We currently have two separate Hudson jobs. With one, for our initial builds, we label as "SNAPSHOT" though that term is not found in any artifact. The built site is copied to our p2/[project]/snapshot/ folder. After testing,we run a second job using the maven-release-plugin and some custom ant tasks to check out trunk and build to prove sane, modify manifest, feature.xml and pom versions, check that in, tag it, check out trunk, again modify versions, check that in, check out tag, build again and copy site to p2/[project]/releases/version/. Some of this is provided by the maven-release-plugin and some is custom.

There must be a more efficient process, right? Can anyone comment on what cbi does, what others do, or how you think we should do it please?

Also, we're about to upgrade our Hudson to 2.2.0. Does it provide any better release support? Would Jenkins be better? When is the Hudson 3.0 release?

Thanks,
Craig Foote

Back to the top