Re: [cbi-dev] An "Eclipse central repository"

Am 05.04.2012 16:35, schrieb Wayne Beaton:
> I tend to think of an Eclipse Central Repository as being durable.

Isn't that (the durability) what archive.eclipse.org is all about?

> Wouldn't a giant index have lots of transient parts?

Yupp, at least if it also contains all the nightly and milestone builds.
Anyway, my point was the giant index but more the (IMHO) unneccessary
duplication of bits and bytes if we introduce yet another
central-mirror.eclipse.org kind of thing.

If the downloads are on download.eclipse.org why also mirror them to
another server? All that's really necessary (again, IMHO) is a central
index where people can go and look for all the bundle/feature JARs. If a
project moves a download to archive.eclipse.org just the index needs an
update.

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht