[bpmn2-modeler-dev] Target Platform improvements

Hi guys,

I got happy to see that bpmn2-modeler is part of eclipse now, and happy to see lot of improvements since last time I worked with the editor from github. Congratulations to all team.

But I got some problems installing the plugin from the created update site.

After clone the source, I saw some outdated things within the tycho build, mainly in the org.eclipse.bpmn2.modeler.updatesite.feature, that is not creating the site.zip properly. I got some difficult to create a target platform properly inside the IDE, too.

So I would like to propose some improvements:

- move the site project to a p2 repository project instead;
Besides, using a P2 repo let us to create Composite Repositories, so we can facilitate the installation of the plugin and all dependencies using only one p2 address.

- create a target platform description project (containing one target file per eclipse version, helios/indigo/juno) to easy creation of the dev environment at IDE; actually, this is better than work with repositories at pom, because it will be cases where we need to build with different dependencies components versions depending which IDE version (for example: EMF, 2.7 at Indigo and 2.8 at Juno).

- add a juno profile at main pom;

cheers

Cristiano

Back to the top