RE: [birt-report-engine-dev] Problem with Setting Parameter frommyjava progam.

Thanks for your interest in BIRT. However, this mailing list is intended for use by developers of the BIRT report engine for development discussions. Please ask questions about the use of BIRT and its APIs on the newsgroup:  news://news.eclipse.org/eclipse.birt

Jane Tatchell, BIRT Documentation Team Lead

From: birt-report-engine-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:birt-report-engine-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Enrico Rigolli
Sent: Friday, July 28, 2006 7:25 AM
To: 'For developers on the BIRT Report Engine project'
Subject: R: [birt-report-engine-dev] Problem with Setting Parameter frommyjava progam.

Hello I solve the same problem with as Data source an XML File on this way:

IReportRunnable  design = engine.openReportDesign("C:/work/DetailByInvestmentAndCurrencyt.rptdesign");

HashMap parameters = new HashMap();

parameters.put("PARAM_1", "30001");

IRunTask task = engine.createRunTask(design);

task.setParameterValues(parameters);

Attention “PARAM_1” is the name of the parameter defined using the Design report! The 30001 is the value

I hope that works for you too

Happy code