[birt-report-designer-dev] Not able to view birt reports on UNIX System

Hi all,

We have integrated BIRT in an J2EE application.

The reports are working fine on Windows env., but when I tried to run reports on UNIX env. I get the ERROR

"org.eclipse.birt.report.service.api.ReportService Exception: Report document instance is empty. "

I have posted this issue in the eclipse birt news group but I didnt get any reply.
And because its very urgent for me I choose to send my question to this mail
group :

Can any body please help me in solving this issue...
Its very Urgent. Please reply ASAP.

The Exception Stack Trace for the error is as given below

org.eclipse.birt.report.service.BirtViewerReportSe rvice.getPage(Unknown Source)
org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.Birt ChangeParameterActionHandler.doRenderPage(Unknown Source)
org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.Abst ractChangeParameterActionHandler.__execute(Unknown Source)
org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.Abst ractBaseActionHandler.execute(Unknown Source)
org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.Abstr actBaseDocumentProcessor.__executeAction(Unknown Source)
org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.Abstr actBaseComponentProcessor.executeAction(Unknown Source)
org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.BirtD ocumentProcessor.handleChangeParameter(Unknown Source)
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Native MethodAccessorImpl.java(Compiled Code))
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Native MethodAccessorImpl.java(Compiled Code))
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(De legatingMethodAccessorImpl.java(Compiled Code))
java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java(Compil ed Code))
org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.Abstr actBaseComponentProcessor.process(Unknown Source)
org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.endpoint.BirtSo apBindingImpl.getUpdatedObjects(Unknown Source)
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Native MethodAccessorImpl.java(Compiled Code))
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Native MethodAccessorImpl.java(Compiled Code))
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(De legatingMethodAccessorImpl.java(Compiled Code))
java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java(Compil ed Code))
org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.invokeM ethod(RPCProvider.java:397)
org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.process Message(RPCProvider.java:186)
org.apache.axis.providers.java.JavaProvider.invoke (JavaProvider.java:323)
org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visi t(InvocationStrategy.java:32)
org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain .java:118)
org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(SimpleChain.jav a:83)
org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.SOAPService.invoke(S OAPService.java:453)
org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.invoke(AxisServe r.java:281)
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost( AxisServlet.java:699)
org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDis patcherServlet.doPost(Unknown Source)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:763)
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.ser vice(AxisServletBase.java:327)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:856)
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.ser vice(ServletWrapper.java:1572)
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.han dleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:762)
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.CacheServletWrappe r.handleRequest(CacheServletWrapper.java:89)
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest (WebContainer.java:1936)
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.channel.WCChannelLink.read y(WCChannelLink.java:114)
com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLi nk.handleDiscrimination(HttpInboundLink.java:472)
com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLi nk.handleNewInformation(HttpInboundLink.java:411)
com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLi nk.ready(HttpInboundLink.java:288)
com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.NewConnectionInitialRe adCallback.sendToDiscriminaters(NewConnectionIniti alReadCallback.java:207)
com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.NewConnectionInitialRe adCallback.complete(NewConnectionInitialReadCallba ck.java:109)
com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.WorkQueueManager.reque stComplete(WorkQueueManager.java(Compiled Code))
com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.WorkQueueManager.attem ptIO(WorkQueueManager.java(Compiled Code))
com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.WorkQueueManager.worke rRun(WorkQueueManager.java:952)
com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.WorkQueueManager$Worke r.run(WorkQueueManager.java:1039)
com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.j ava:1471)

Please Reply ASAP

Thanks in Advance
Nikhil

Back to the top