Re: [birt-report-designer-dev] Scripted data source

Olivier,

A better place for this discussion is on our Newsgroup .  A number of the developers, tech leads and project members are very active answering questions on this forum.  In addition, there are a lot of other BIRT users that may be able to lend a hand.

This forum is used by the BIRT developers to discuss the inner workings of how the BIRT code is put together.  Feel welcome to monitor and add your thoughts on technical BIRT product development questions, but please post questions on how to use the product to the Newsgroup.

On your specific question, I will be happy to put a response once you have posted to the newsgroup.

Thanks,

Scott Rosenbaum
BIRT PMC

Olivier Jauze wrote:
Hello

I am using the 2.0 M1 BIRT designer and I have issues with Scripted data sources. It seems that I can not use any
functions (like DateTimeSpan) in my data set.

I tried on the fetch method to set a row with the following instruction:
    row[5] = DateTimeSpan.months(startDate, endDate);

where startDate and endDate are date objects created as following (I  can display them in columns):
calendar = new java.util.GregorianCalendar(2004, 0, 1);
startDate = calendar.getTime();

When I tried to preview my output columns in the dataset editor, i got this error (sorry it's in french, i havn't found a way to switch my rcp designer to english yet, maybe you can help on that point too):
Une exception Birt s'est produite.
  Plug-in Provider:Eclipse.org
  Plug-in Name:BIRT Data Engine
  Plug-in ID:org.eclipse.birt.data
  Version:1.0.1
  Code d'erreur:data.engine.JSScriptInvalid
  Message d'erreur:_expression_ _javascript_ incorrecte. Source : DataSet:ScriptSet.fetch, ligne :0, _expression_ :
function_prefix_1128073835999();function function_prefix_1128073835999(){
if(count < 10){
    count ++;
    row.columnAny = count;
    row["columnString"]= "this is the string"+count;
    row[3] = count * count;
    row[4] = startDate;
    row.endDate = endDate;
    row[5] = DateTimeSpan.months(startDate, endDate);
    return true;
}

return false;}
Erreur du moteur de script : ReferenceError: "DateTimeSpan" n'est pas défini (DataSet:ScriptSet.fetch#7)

I have the same error if I try to import a custom package (self made) even if I put the jar file in the report viewer WEB-INF/lib folder

thanks for your help

--
Olivier Jauze