RE: [birt-dev] Thoughts about the mailing lists and newsgroup

Glad to see that there are more discussions in
birt-dev.

I have subscribed the dev mailing list and newsgroup
for couple of months now and I tend to see their
content get mixed.  Build and development questions
often occur in the user newsgroup where it should have
been properly addressed in the developer list instead.
 This may cause confusion to new contributors to make
their inquiries to the user newsgroup for their
development questions/discussions due to the user
newsgroup's active responses.  It would be ideal that
the content of the question get relay to the
appropriate list by the list' monitor.  (if any).

I like the idea of having a separate list for
commits/check-ins.  I can see the point where
committer concerns about causing confusion to the
subscribers.  However, I really think that it actually
benefit the overall organization in the long run.  For
instance,
since there are *many* more commits/check-ins in the
dev-list than dev discussions, I think this may be one
of the curpit that misguide new contributors that the
birt-dev list is for commits/check-ins notifications
and perhaps the reason why their development questions
are directed to the newsgroup.

Regards,
Yip Ng

It's here! Your new message!