From: Deepa Remesh [mailto:dremesh@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2007 5:22 PM
To: Venkateswaran Iyer
Cc: Sunitha Kambhampati; birt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [birt-dev] Running BIRT performance tests - how to run the
testsoutside Eclipse workbench?

Thanks for the quick response. I tried after deleting the cached
information from under configuration folder. It still gives me the
same error.

I also see this below the stack trace in the log file:
!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2007-01-30 16:46:05.002
!MESSAGE Bundle
initial@reference:file:plugins/org.eclipse.birt.core_2.2.0.v20061221.jar
/
[3] is not active.

I have tried this with 2.1.1 as well but get similar errors about
bundle being not active there too. I'll look some more to confirm I do
not have any version mismatches in my environments.

Meanwhile, if there are any other suggestions, please let me know.

Regards,
Deepa

On 1/30/07, Venkateswaran Iyer <viyer@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This is usually the case if there are incompatible plugins in your
> environment. You can try removing the cached plugins and see if that
> helps. OSGi caches the plugins for reuse. (I am not absolutely sure
but
> I think it is cached under OSGi platform / configuration folder).

org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadBundleActiva
> tor(AbstractBundle.java:141)
>         at

org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleC
> ontextImpl.java:970)
>         at

org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHo
> st.java:327)
>         at

org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resume(AbstractB
> undle.java:350)
>         at

org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBundle(Framewor
> k.java:1115)
>         at

org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.PackageAdminImpl.resumeBundles(
> PackageAdminImpl.java:255)
>         at

org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.PackageAdminImpl.doResolveBundl
> es(PackageAdminImpl.java:225)
>         at

org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.PackageAdminImpl$1.run(PackageA
> dminImpl.java:164)
> org/osgi/framework/BundleActivator
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:620)
>         at

java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)

> I looked through BIRT archives for the above error and saw this post:
> http://dev.eclipse.org/newslists/news.eclipse.birt/msg10840.html
>
> In the post, a similar error was resolved by adding only the jars from
> runtime ReportEngine/lib to the classpath. In my case, I have the jars
> from  runtime ReportEngine/lib and also the following jar
> ReportEngine/plugins/org.eclipse.core.runtime_3.3.100.v20061204.in my
> classpath. If I do not add the eclipse runtime jar, I get a
> "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/eclipse/core/runtime/IPlatformRunnable".
>
> Any other pointers/suggestions to resolve this?
>
> Thanks,
> Deepa
>

> On 1/30/07, Venkateswaran Iyer <viyer@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > You might want to look at the OSGi platform / configuration
directory
> > see if there is any indication of failure to load extensions.

org.eclipse.birt.test.performance.RunThread.run(RunThread.java:80)

> > > Just an idea in case you have not already tried:
> > > can we set the BIRT_HOME using the config.setEngineHome in
> > > ExecutionContext.createReportEngine.
> > >
> > >     IReportEngine createReportEngine( EngineConfig config )
> > >             throws BirtException
> > >     {
> > >         if ( config == null )
> > >             config = new EngineConfig( );
> > >         config.setEngineHome( System.getProperty("BIRT_HOME"));
//
> > SET
> > > ENGINE HOME.
> > >         Platform.startup( new PlatformConfig( ) );
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Sunitha.

> > head.
> had

> > specified in
> > html
> get
> > the

> > report[Corporation.rptdesign]
loader
> class

> > class
> source
> > and
BIRT
> > 2.2M4
> have
> > not
> working.

> > report[Corporation.rptdesign]
loader
> class

org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.pdf.PDFEmitter$PDFRender.newPage(
> > PDFEmitter.java:635)

org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.pdf.PDFEmitter$PDFRender.startCon
> > tainer(PDFEmitter.java:569)

org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.area.impl.ContainerArea.accept(Con
> > tainerArea.java:64)

org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.pdf.PDFEmitter.startPage(PDFEmitt
> > er.java:112)

org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.CompositeContentEmitter.startPage
> > (CompositeContentEmitter.java:285)

org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.pdf.PDFPageLM.endPage(PDFPageLM.ja
> > va:281)

org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.pdf.PDFPageLM.layout(PDFPageLM.jav
> > a:204)

org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.pdf.PDFReportLayoutEngine.layoutRe
> > port(PDFReportLayoutEngine.java:56)

org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.pdf.PDFReportLayoutEngine.layout(P
> > DFReportLayoutEngine.java:72)

org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RenderTask$InnerRender.render(Re
> > nderTask.java:434)

org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RenderTask$PageRangeRender.rende
> > r(RenderTask.java:540)

org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RenderTask.render(RenderTask.jav
> > a:350)

org.eclipse.birt.test.performance.RenderThread.run(RenderThread.java:181