[babel-dev] Re: Build process, p2 metadata

>>As I mentioned in the newsgroup, I've had the best results by unzipping the plugins into dropins and throwing the features away.
>
>Sean, if we don't include the features, do you know if we will have any problems un-installing or disabling the languages packs in Eclipse. (A user who does not use the language packs may want to do that.)
>
>I'm going to test that.

While testing the effect of not including the features in our language packs, I noticed that our features may have some problems. I unzipped the Babel language pack for the Eclipse project (BabelLanguagePack-eclipse-en_AA_3.5.0.v20090524043402.zip) into "eclipse-jee-galileo-RC1-win32.zip" and "eclipse-SDK-3.5RC1-win32.zip". Somehow, Eclipse does not list our Babel language pack features as installed features. The plug-in fragments were loaded though, as orphan plug-ins with no parents.

That could be the reason why the p2 metadata generated by Gabe did not include any features (that's just a guess). Please help investigate to see if there is anything wrong with our Babel language pack features.

Thanks,
Kit Lo
IBM Eclipse SDK Globalization Technical Lead
Eclipse Babel Project Co-lead

Back to the top