[babel-dev] Build process, p2 metadata

Team,

The 'new' build system has been working good for a couple of weeks now, and you can see/test the nightly (N2009...) and weekly (I2009) builds from the build server.  I'll be writing a quick promote script so that we can update our real downloads site.  The last release build was done over a month ago.

Because of https://bugs.eclipse.org/274025, we still do not have any p2 metadata, and I believe this is problematic.  From here, I can think of a few options:

1. Effective immediately, we should perhaps remove the Update Site URLs from our Babel download page, and only link to the ZIPs instead, since installing the ZIP files seems to work (whereas p2 complains of missing dependencies if using the update site).  Thoughts?

2. Our update site has 942 features and 42,000+ plugins.  Perhaps this is not optimal.  Thoughts?

3. Sean submitted a patch to bug 274025, but that code will not make it into Eclipse 3.5.  I am open to running a patched version of Eclipse to build the metadata, if someone can produce it.

I'll keep you informed on the promote script.

Denis

Back to the top