[babel-dev] Re: barnraising3 vserver host down

Title: New Page 1
Denis,
The "Foundation does not back-up the Babel machine" is not going to be acceptable if we are asking our community to contribute translations and we are storing them on that server. So we either need to move the babel.eclipse.org database to another machine or we need to do backups of that disk so that our community can safely put hundreds and hundreds of hours of work into the translations without fear that we are going to randomly lose it.

- Bjorn

P.S. Maybe I'm clueless and the Babel database is stored somewhere else already? From this email, it sounds like the Babel database is on the vserver, but I admit I'm not positive of that.

Eclipse WebMaster (Denis Roy) wrote:
The 'barnraising3' vserver host is currently down with a disk failure. This could potentially impact ... Babel.

I'll try to recover the vserver images as best I can; however, there is a possibility that I may need to rebuild the entire vserver host.  Just as a reminder, the Foundation does not maintain backups of vserver data.

--
[end of message]

Back to the top