Re: [babel-dev] contributor info for strings submitted to the translation server

Kit,
There's "technically feasible" and "socially feasible". Technically, we can do this. Socially, only the first part is going to work (where the system automatically keeps track of the authors). The second part, where people make notes about translations they enter for others - realistically, nobody is going to do that, at least not for more than a day or two, especially not people who don't work for a big company. So we shouldn't even pretend that they are going to.

However, I also think that the second part isn't a big deal because *anyone* can get a bugzilla account and thus be a Babel contributor, thus the "I'm committing this string for someone else" is going to happen much less than for code and perhaps not even happen at all.

- Bjorn

Kit Lo wrote:
For example, a  translated properties file may look something like the sample below.
Basically, if a contributor enters the translation directly into the server, we will add a line like "kitlo@xxxxxxxxxx - translated string(s) 1,2,3" to the properties file, where "kitlo@xxxxxxxxxx" is the Bugzilla ID of the contributor. We should have this information since we need to log on to the server using the Bugzilla ID first.
If a committer enters a translation for a contributor by copying a fix from a bug or e-mail, we will add a line like "denis.roy@xxxxxxxxxxx...", where we can add a note on where the translation came from.

Is that feasible to do? Any comments?
--
[end of message]

Back to the top