Re: [aspectj-users] Enum Value matching facility

Hey,

It is quite an old issue. I thought I'd done something around enum matching but I can't find it - I think maybe it was just in the context of enums used in annotation values. Re-reading the issue now I don't see exactly what it is asking for "Enum code requires Enum value JoinPoints." - if it is enum specific joinpoints, I am super nervous about adding new joinpoints because suddenly they will start affecting all existing code that was using wildcards.  If you just want to guard on joinpoints related to enum related operations there are type category patterns in https://www.eclipse.org/aspectj/doc/released/README-169.html

Is it asking for static matching (vs runtime/dynamic matching) in join points related to enums, that feels like it could be done without new join points, just needs some improvements in the matching algorithm to recognize enums in use.

cheers,
Andy