Re: [aspectj-users] Pointcut parser skips superfluous closing parenthesis and everything that follows

Hi Andy,

I quickly tested it with the aspect compiled with javac and then loaded, finished and woven via LTW. I see an error message as expected:

[AppClassLoader@18b4aac2] info AspectJ Weaver Version 1.9.1 built on Friday Apr 20, 2018 at 16:47:33 GMT
[AppClassLoader@18b4aac2] info register classloader sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@18b4aac2
[AppClassLoader@18b4aac2] info using configuration /C:/Users/alexa/Documents/java-src/SO_AJ_53397837_Java/bin/META-INF/aop.xml
[AppClassLoader@18b4aac2] info register aspect de.scrum_master.aspect.BogusPointCutAspect
[AppClassLoader@18b4aac2] error at de\scrum_master\aspect\BogusPointCutAspect.java::0 Invalid pointcut 'execution(* *(..)))))) && !target(java.lang.String)': org.aspectj.weaver.patterns.ParserException: unexpected pointcut element: ')'@18:18 at position 18
Doing something
So this rather seems to be a Spring AOP issue than one in AspectJ, even though Spring AOP uses AspectJ's pointcut fast-match and PatternParser.parsePointcut() turns the _expression_ execution(* *(..)))))) && !target(java.lang.String) into the pointcut execution(* *(..)), see my attached screenshot from a debugging session in IntelliJ IDEA. So somehow AspectJ is part of the story again. I am unsure if a ticket should be created for Spring AOP because it somehow uses AspectJ in a wrong wrong way or rather for AspectJ because that is where the parsing happens. Maybe you do what you think is best by yourself.

Regards
--
Alexander Kriegisch
https://scrum-master.de