Re: [aspectj-users] Weaving core Java classes

Eric Bodden wrote:
 1. Does AspectJ provide a native/straightforward solution for weaving
 into rt.jar or is it some kind of a workaround?

It's a workaround.

 2. Can we take out the woven code from the rt.jar? (I personally think
 it's not possible due to the complexity of the involved tasks)

You you wish to identify the classes that were actually changed and
only extract those?
Yes, ideally the woven classes should only get used for my application and should not affect other applications. So what I wanted to do was to put back the default classes into rt.jar after finishes running the application. But I think I got the solution while typing this email, it's probably better to put the woven classes in a separate jar and then we can include or exclude this jar from the bootstrap class path at will.

Thanks,

Hendrik

Back to the top