Re: [aspectj-users] Weaving core Java classes

Hi,

Thanks for the reply Eric.

At the moment I am just concerned with static weaving, e.g. inserting a new constructor to classes. So I think rt.jar weaving should work for me, but need to clarify some things first: 1. Does AspectJ provide a native/straightforward solution for weaving into rt.jar or is it some kind of a workaround? 2. Can we take out the woven code from the rt.jar? (I personally think it's not possible due to the complexity of the involved tasks)

Thanks,

Hendrik

Eric Bodden wrote:
Hello, Hendrik.

There may be "hacks" to get around this, but to my best knowledge,
ajc's load time weaver does share those limitations. I have heard of
people though who successfully wove into rt.jar statically. Whether
this works or not probably depends on what your aspect does, though.

Eric