[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: [aspectj-users] Using ApectJ for option types?
- From: "Eric Bodden" <eric.bodden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 08:14:36 -0400
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thread-index: AcaMLvGsp1WxOfE/QnyxTbBvWhignwAWClUg
- Thread-topic: [aspectj-users] Using ApectJ for option types?
> This got me wondering if AspectJ could be used to generate compile
> warnings for null parameters. Compile time warnings of the
> sophistication of the Nice language would be ideal, but that doesn't
> seem very likely. Still, some warnings would be better than none.
Hello. The ajc compiler cannot do this, because it only allows
statically determinable pointcuts in declare error/warning. But SCoPE
be able to evaluate about "as much as possible" statically and that way
also gives you access to a richer set of expressions for declare
Sable Research Group, McGill University