RE: [aspectj-users] Using ApectJ for option types?

> This got me wondering if AspectJ could be used to generate compile
time
> warnings for null parameters.  Compile time warnings of the
> sophistication of the Nice language would be ideal, but that doesn't
> seem very likely.  Still, some warnings would be better than none.

Hello. The ajc compiler cannot do this, because it only allows
statically determinable pointcuts in declare error/warning. But SCoPE
(http://www.graco.c.u-tokyo.ac.jp/ppp/projects/scope/scope_html/) should
be able to evaluate about "as much as possible" statically and that way
also gives you access to a richer set of expressions for declare
error/warning, IIRC.

Cheers,
Eric

--