Re: [aspectj-users] Logging enabled check idea

Wim Deblauwe wrote:
> True if you do it like the 2nd form, but I almost always write my
> logging statements in the first form, and there it will be avoided.

No, unfortunately not; please disassemble your woven class and see for
yourself. I'm actually surprised that the around advice is not wrapped
around the argument construction as well. Could someone from the AspectJ
team please comment on why this is so, and whether this might be added in
the future? Considering that this.foo(this.bar(this.baz(z))) can be pretty
expensive depending on bar and baz, wrapping around them as well would be
really really nice and more in line what one (meaning me :) would expect.

Holger

Back to the top