From: aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Jeppe Cramon
Sent: Mon 5/15/2006 5:35 AM
To: aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aspectj-users] AspectJ Production suitability

Hi

I have a client who's interested in using AspectJ 1.5.x in a new Spring based project.
Before they commit to using AspectJ they have some concerns that I hope some of you can help me address with facts.

- My client has heard rumors that since AspectJ is a two compile step the weaved code wont be able run under for instance WebSphere since it's doesn't use a standard SUN JVM. I've assured them that this is not a problem, since the weaved code is compatible with all JVM's. But to assure them is there an official AspectJ writing you can point me to where this issue is addressed?

- Do you know of any large financial applications in production that uses AspectJ weaved code?

Best regards

Jeppe Cramon