RE: [aspectj-users] J2ME CLDC and AspectJ

Stephen Cheng wrote:
> I am developing an experimental J2ME CLDC program. Although I suspect
> AspectJ would not be an appropriate technology, AOP would be most
> beneficial
> for this particular experiment. As I understand AspectJ generated programs
> requires reflection for some aspects; but the J2ME CLDC does not support
> reflection. I wonder whether it would be possible to restrict to a subset
> of
> AspectJ jointpoints/functionality that would require no run-time
> reflection.

I answered this already when replying to your previous email.  AspectJ generated programs only use reflection if you use the thisJoinPoint object in your AspectJ code.  The AspectJ runtime library has not been designed with the CLDC in mind, so you might find other cases where unavailable library code is being used, but in those cases it should be a simple matter to fix the AspectJ runtime library to observe the CLDC's constraints.

-Jim

Back to the top