Re: [aspectj-users] redistribution of woven third-party jars

Hi -

> Distributing an unmodified jar along with code/tools that perform user-site
> (e.g., load-time) modification of the code, however, would seem to be within
> the letter of the license terms you quote.

That might be true, but by the care in which you stated this, I believe
you would agree that it's not the right thing to do, if/since one would
be directing the customer to effectively break the license.

I would discourage anyone from believing that weaving into Sun classes
at load-time or otherwise is not a violation of Sun's license (which,
after all, aims to protect quality/compliance), unless Sun explicitly
states as much.  Let's keep bytecode weaving on the level *smile*

Wes