[aspectj-users] Implementation of AspectJ 1.0.6 and 1.1

Hello,

I am looking for papers, or design documents describing the way aspects are
weaved into the base program. I am developing post-processor type
programming tools that work with programs generated by AspectJ, therefore I
require details information for:
1. When is reflection used during run-time?
2. When are aspects completely weaved into class-files during compile-time,
therefore have no additional run-time reflection requirements?
3. What are the restrictions on class names and member names renaming?

As I understand AspectJ 1.0.x and the upcoming 1.1 employs different
underlying weaving technology. Any pointers or help would be most
appreciated.

Regards,
Stephen Cheng

Back to the top