[aspectj-dev] Types not exposed and Inter-type member declarations

Hi,

If an interface is not exposed to the weaver but implementations will
AspectJ still weave in pointcuts and intertype declarations.

Reading a previous posting it is stated that the weaving for interfaces
is done at direct (top?) child implementation classes thus I would have
guessed ( I am just starting with AspectJ) that I could ignore this
compile error but alas that is not the case as I get an error message:

com.hp.ov.obs.impl.util.DeveloperException: Failed to open connection to
repository.
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
java.sql.Statement.ajc$interFieldSet$com_hp_aspectj_obs_JdbcMonitoringA
spect$java_sql_Statement$sql(Ljava/lang/String;)V

which indicates that my field declaration is accessed through an
additional method appended to the interface.

Is it possible then to be able to declare that all implementations of
interface X (not exposed to weaver) also implement Y and then access my
field through the Y interface. Of course this does result in an extra
cast for bound variables.

Am I going about this the wrong way.

Regards,

Will