RE: [aspectj-dev] Plan for AOSD release??

Adrian Colyer wrote:

> How should we best plan for an AOSD release ( 1.1b6 | RC1 ) of AspectJ?  I
> still see plenty of CVS activity going on... :-).

That CVS activity will hopefully get us to RC1 instead of just 1.1b6 :-)

> I'm happy to do as much or as little as you need with respect to test and
> packaging... if you want me to package and test then I suggest a CVS chill
> at EOD on Tuesday: I'll then "pair" test with a colleague here in Hursley,
> deliver test reports by Wednesday am (west coast) time for final diagnosis
> and fixing, and do the final package and test on Thursday. We'll need that
> length of cycle since we're not yet skilled enough in Hursley to interpret
> and fix all of the problems that may come up. If it's easier to package
> and
> test directly in CA than that's fine too.

This sounds like a good plan to me.  The deadlines are a little tight for me, but since you're signing up for packaging and testing I'll figure out a way to make it work ;-)  It's nice to see the time zone differences working in our favor for once.

> FWIW, on the current CVS level I'm seeing 12 failures in ajcTests.xml
> (both
> with & without emacssym)  - I've clipped the fails into the attached file.

Knowing this today rather than Wednesday is worth a lot.  My machine is currently slightly out-of-sync with CVS as I'm in the middle of a bug fix, but I'm not seeing these failures.  We should try to resolve this ASAP.  My suspicion is that these failures have to do with the details of your configuration, but I'll look into that more later tonight.

-Jim

Back to the top