[aspectj-announce] AspectJ 1.1 release candidate is now available

We are pleased to announce that a release candidate for AspectJ-1.1 is now available from the download page at
  http://eclipse.org/aspectj
or directly from
  http://download.eclipse.org/technology/ajdt/aspectj-1.1rc1.jar

This release contains no changes from the 1.1beta4 release except for a large number of bug fixes and stability improvements.  Detailed release notes for 1.1 are available at:

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/indextech.cgi/~checkout~/aspectj-home/README-11.html

Very easy to reproduce bugs were submitted by Ron Bodkin, Ramnivas Laddad, Doug Orleans, Rafael Chaves, Valentin Crettaz, Eric Simmerman, Erik Andersen, Robert Wenner, Nick Lesiecki, and Jim Clark.  We recognize the difficulty of producing clear minimal test cases from bugs found in large systems and appreciate the work that goes into these reports.

In addition to being the first release candidate for AspectJ-1.1, this release is a chance to celebrate several milestones in the progression of AspectJ to an openly developed project.

Per S. Hustad submitted the first patch to fix a bug based on the current live cvs tree.  This caught a regression from 1.1beta4 that could only have been found by someone working with the live tree.

Martin Lippert submitted the first patch implementing an improvement to the weaver.  This patch implemented a very simple fastMatch algorithm to improve weaving performance that's incorporated in 1.1rc1.

Adrian Colyer was the first person not from PARC to successfully build, test and package a complete release.  Adrian just joined the project as a committer about a month ago and we look forward to his continuing contributions.

Congratulations to everyone who helped make this release successful.

We appreciate your help in squashing any bugs in this release before 1.1.0.  If you find any bugs, please submit a reproducible test case to http://dev.eclipse.org/bugs (product AspectJ, component Compiler).

Thanks and stay in touch,
The AspectJ Team

Back to the top