[asciidoc-wg] Introduction and request for an AsciiDoc expert to join Oniro SpecC committee session

Dear AsciiDoc ecosystem and community members,

Let me start by introducing myself  since this is my first mail on this list.
My name is Agustín Benito Bethencourt, Oniro Program Manager at Eclipse
Foundation (EF).[1]

In a nutshell, Oniro[2] is an EF Working Group and a Project created to
develop a family of open source operating systems targetting a wide variety of
devices, big and small, intended to be used as the basis for commercial end-
to-end solutions in the IoT & Edge markets.

We at Oniro are taking the initial steps towards the creation of our first
specifications. Other projects at EF use AsciiDoc for documenting their
specifications. We would like to evaluate this possibility for ours.

In order to do so, the Oniro WG Specification Committee, lead by Marta
Rybczynska (in CC), would like to learn first hand about AsciiDoc and its
advantages for this particular use case (specifications).

We would appreciate is an expert(s) in this field could join us during our
next Committee session to:
* Introduce AsciiDoc
* Outline the benefits of using it for our specifications
* Q&A session.

Most of the Oniro WG Specification Committee Members are mostly or entirely
unfamiliar with AsciiDoc. So we might need more than one (learning) session to
take a decision.

The coming online Oniro WG SpecC session will take place...
* Tuesday August 2nd
* 17:00 CEST

If you are interested in helping us, feel free to answer this mail or ping
myself or Marta directly. Any help will be more than welcome.

[1] http://www.toscalix.com/about
[2] http://www.oniroproject.org

Best Regards
--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Oniro Program Manager | Eclipse Foundation