Re: [asciidoc-wg] AsciiDoc implementation for the Java/JVM ecosystem / project proposal

> 11. jun. 2020 kl. 14:41 skrev Alexander Fedorov <alexander.fedorov@xxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> Hello Alexander,
>
> I would love to use AsciiDoc as a document generation technology for Eclipse Passage project. Please add both myself and Eclipse Passage project to the list of interested parties.
>
> You are right, different platforms will expect different grammar engines. I suggest to support the language server protocol (LSP) - this will enable rich editor functionality for several platforms at once.

Good point, although I think in practice an LSP implementation would be built on top of a grammar engine. In any case, I very much support that having an LSP implementation for AsciiDoc would be great, as it would work many tools. E.g. Eclipse IDE, VS Code, Eclipse Theia and as far as I know IntelliJ IDEA.

Best regards,
Torkild

[snip]